Mindful Carrot for Our Four-Legged Friends
Good health is important for the whole family and three weeks ago, our family grew!
Piglet, our four-legged sweet puppy is adapting well and we are all in LOVE. Despite the work, poop, and razor-sharp teeth, the joy our family has every moment one of us picks her up is priceless. She is already spoiled rotten and has inspired my gift-giving this year. DOG TREATS made with only 5 ingredients: they have been Piglet-approved! They're the perfect gift for all dog owners and keep our four-legged friends healthy and happy!
- 2 cups +1/2 half cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup beef broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter (you can omit the peanut butter and throw in a little extra broth or egg to get a good consistency- similar to biscuit dough)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Add 2 cups oats ( you can use them whole but if for a puppy I recommend pulsing in a food processor or your blender), salt, beef or chicken broth (I use an instant pot religiously and save the stock after cooking chicken- it works great), and egg to a large mixing bowl. Combine well. Add remaining 1/2 cup of rolled oat and combine.
Knead dough for about 3 minutes. You can roll them out and use cookie cutter shapes or simply roll into small balls for puppies or larger circles for adult dogs. If making larger biscuits I simply use my thumb to press them down to flat, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in oven for 10-20 minutes depending on size of treats.
- Store in airtight container. You can also freeze them for use later.