Springtime = The Perfect Time for Resolutions
“Spring is nature’s way of saying, Let’s party!” – Robin Williams.
January’s New Years Resolutions may have been swept under the cold, wet, and frozen earth. With the sun emerging for a little longer each day the earth blooming, springtime seems the perfect time for new beginnings. I know that the past few days of sunshine I felt a wave of energy that has been dormant for a few months. Let's tap into this energy and use it to reach your goals.
Some mindful springtime reminders to help you reach your goals.
- Make good choices one at a time. It is the accumulation of good choices that lead to change. Remind yourself of this daily and appreciate each and every step you take that is in the right direction. Set a goal and move forward one choice at a time.
- Appreciate the little things around you. By slowing down and being mindful of your surroundings you will naturally make better choices. Notice the beauty in Mother Nature, your love for family, friends, and community, the smells that spring brings on, the increase in sunshine, and all the other things you love about Spring. This mindfulness will reduce stress which in turn reduces cortisol & stress hormones making it easier to make mindful choices. Less Stress = Better Choices!
- Vitamin D! Get outside and breath the fresh air as often as possible. The energy that you receive will act as a motivator to stay on track.
- Track your progress. Write it down, snap a photo, tell a friend as you move forward. Accountability will keep you focused.
- Eat LESS sugar - Less Sugar will improve your mood and your mind, and ultimately allow you to make more mindful choices. Remember 24-30 grams of sugar is what is recommended daily.