Protein Shake To Go!
I don’t know about you but with the colder weather, I’m less likely to throw ice into my blender and make one of my favorite protein smoothies - I get so cold! I still want the protein and nutrition but not the CHILLS. Below is a super easy, fast, delicious, and low carb recipe that will simplify your morning routine and help you get over that ice aversion. This is also a great post-workout shake you can throw in your gym bag and go!
Click here to see just how easy it is!
What you need
- Mason Jar
- Protein Powder
- Naked Peanut butter powder (totally optional but adds protein, creaminess, and flavor)
- Chia seeds
- a few ice cubes
- 1/2 cup of milk (any kind)
To Do: You can prepare an entire week's worth in about 5 minutes. I suggest doing step 1 & 2 in the evening before bed.
- Decide how many you want to prep and grab some mason jars.
- Pour in each jar: 1 scoop protein powder (approx. 120 calories), 1 scoop Naked Peanut butter powder (50 calories), 1 TBSP chia seeds (60 calories- chia seeds are so good for your digestion and full of nutrition).
- Wake and grab 1 prepared jar – fill to top with ice and 1/2 cup milk.
- Shake… like crazy. Make sure you get the powder off the bottom then just shake a little more for good measure.
That's it! The chia seeds become gelatinous after sitting for about 10 minutes. I like this texture but if you're not a fan, you can omit the chia seeds or drink immediately. I will be taking this to work with me through the winter. Having it ready and cold is perfect after a good workout. This is also a great afternoon snack or meal replacement. Total Calories vary but generally it is about 200-300 calories (depends on the protein powder and milk you use) and contains approximately 35 grams of protein.